Bikers Bash

My thoughts on bikers varies from day to day. Somedays I think that they are the cancer of the road and other days I can tolerate them without a thought in the world. Why? Well here it is. The first being that they have no respect for the speed limits on the road. It's almost like the signs aren't in place for them. Secondly, when I'm about to turn right why should I have to keep checking to make sure that they haven't decided to overtake. Surely it's the riders responsibility to overtake when safe. Thirdly and this doesn't seem too bad but happens, is when they try to squeeze through a gap and they clip your side mirrors without any care. My main gripe with bikers is this. Why oh why do I see more and more teenage boy idiots riding around on mopeds, most likely unisured and sporting learner plates. Why don't the dvla make it compulsory to actually pass your bike test instead of having them take a small test that even a newborn could pass. You wouldn't allow them to drive a car so why should a bike be any different. Personally I wouldn't trust half of them to push my supermarket trolley. I have even had them trying to race me on these lawnmower powered scooters whilst driving down the road. Don't get me wrong, the problem to me seems that these generation of young riders taint the name of the good,responsible,careful and experienced bikers and therefore painting them all with the same brush.

No comments: