Scrapheap Challenge

What's the deal with scrap men. I mean seriously, they go round street to street blowing their stupid trumpet and begging for old metal. Next time they come round and ask if they can have something reply by asking how much they're willing to pay. Why just give it them? At the end of he day they're looking for metal from you. All they're going to do is trade it in for cash. Too many times I see them scrounging in my street and I think to myself "get a proper job". If ever you turn them down with an item they want make sure you bolt it down because from my experience they'll only come back and take it when your out. I had this experience with some iron gates I said they couldn't have only to come home and find them gone. In my street alone there is often times when at least 3 different scrap men come around. This is obviously a growing trade so why not ask for some money from them for your "old iron".