Mary Bale throws cat into bin - Topcat?

Today I was trawling through the internet and watching a few Youtube videos when I found a funny story that had been highlighted here in the UK and has dominated the newspapers too. It was reported that Mary Bale threw a cat into a wheelie bin. Now I’m not in favour of animal cruelty in the slightest and although I don’t have the greatest desire for these pesky animals (Just my view), I respect the fact that they are still a living animal and this should not have happened.
 I kind of get to thinking that that I was just a stupid moment of madness and it has all been blown out of proportion. The idea that people feel they have to issue threats and abuse at the woman is totally stupid. Afterall, Topcat lived in a bin for years and didnt do him any harm. I think that sometimes we all do things in life that could be deemed stupid but to want a public execution is rather extreme.