The Seven Weeks Summer Holiday

So as the summer holidays drew to a close there was something that I just wanted to get off my chest. As my partner is a teacher, we are always restricted to when we can take breaks and have holidays as we have to fit in with the school term times. Now this is fine, and with 13 weeks a year holiday that she gets there shouldn't really be any complaints. Yet now I'm going to. After having the best part of 6 weeks off it amazes me that parents choose the week that they are due back to go on holiday. It's almost like 6 weeks wasn't enough and they want 7, but I know why they do it and find it very unfair. They do it because the cost of holidays is more expensive during the holidays, yet we have to pay the prices. I myself think that taking children out of school after they have already had plenty of time off is ignorant to say the least. Yes holidays are more expensive this time of year, they always have been but it's no different with garden furniture prices. They're always higher during summer than winter but you still buy it. I guess in some way I'm being bitter. The old "if I have to pay the price why shouldn't they" syndrome. It just hacks me off and I think parents` should be fined more severely for taking kids out of school. Imagine the uproar if when you took your child to school you found out that half the teachers had adopted the parents` ideas and gone on holiday after having 6 weeks off with pay. They would moan and groan that their kids deserved better and how they get good money. Surely teachers should be given the same amount of respect?